Kharauna (Kharauna Dih) is a beautiful village in Kurhani Block in Muzaffarpur district in the Indian state of Bihar. It belongs to Tirhut Devision. It is located 9 KM towards from District Head Quarter Muzaffarpur, 6 KM from Bhagwanpur and 0 KM towards south from Muzaffarpur aerodrome. (To Get The Map Click Here) Kharauna is surrounded by canal(Tirhut Nahar) from three of its side. Kharauna is famous for it’s beauty, prosperity and its political presence. You may say this village as village of temples, village of happiness and also village of Brahmarshi. Kharauna has all basic basic infrastructure and a supplier of milk, meals and raw material to city. It has many of beautiful temples where people came to worship and believe that their wishes get fulfilled to visit these temples, Shakti Sthal, Shiv Mandir, Hanuman Mandir, Ramjanki’s math, and Yagyashala are famous religious place in the village. Once you come to visit this village you will find that on every entry of the village, there is a temple and in heart of the village there is a grand temple of Maa Shakti, and the temple named as “Shakti sthal”. Villager’s of Kharauna are very religious and so in every month you will find that they are organizing religious programs. Kharauna has also good educational infrastructure as in this village there is five to six primary and middle school, one High school and also college except government’s Javahar novoday vidyalay(it’s excluded because this is not serving villagers directly). Many of villager’s are farmer and agriculture labor, while some of them are contractor, small and middle business man and government employee. Farmers generally do plantation of grains like paddy, wheat, mustard, potato and cauliflower and many of them have garden of litchi and mango, you must remember Kharauna is also land of litchi and it’s district became world famous for this fruit. The people of Kharauna is also interesting as they have many of story which may interest you,a funny lines you may listen from some of them is- खड़े खरौना, लड़े भटौना| माड़ खाए तारसन, जीते खरौना| Kharauna’s child are so lucky as they have two to three medium size grounds and one huge ground where they play outdoor games like Cricket, Football and Kabaddi. Kharauna’s High-School ground is also famous for it’s sporting activity. Kharauna- A Quick Glance:-
- Population– Population of kharauna is around 12,000 where around 60% people belongs to Bhumihar Brahman Community.
- Climate– The summer, between April and June, is extremely hot and humid (28/40 deg C,90% Max.) and winter is pleasantly cool, around 06/20 deg C. The air pollution is lower than in other areas, so the air is comparatively clean. The best months to visit are October through March. It is best to avoid visits in the summer and the monsoon season (Mid June to September) due to prolonged power cuts, the heat, and flooding in the town. If you visit in october and november you can be a part of Durga Puja (In September-October) and of Chhath Puja(October-November). Villager’s who are outside the village also come during Deepawali and Chhath Puja.
- Economy-The land use around Kharauna is mainly agricultural and horticultural. While litchee and mangoes are abundantly grown, principal crops are rice, wheat, pulses, maize and oil seeds. Vegetables like Potato, cauliflower, cabbage, tomato, radish, carrot, beetroot, among others, are also grown. The main livestock of the village are cattle, buffalo, goats, and poultry. There is also a brick factory in the village.
- Language– Vajjika is native language while Hindi is used as it’s official language.
- Cuisine– Dahi-Chura is very famous and loved one cuisine, while The basic ingredients are rice, wheat flour, lentils (green and yellow), root and leafy vegetables, Indian spices, ground nut oil, Mustard seed oil, ghee, and sugar among others.
- Religious Place
- Shakti Sthal, Kharauna
- Shiv Mandir, Kharauna Dih
- Hanuman Mandir, Kharauna Dih
- Ram Janaki, Kharaun Dih
- Yagyashala, Khrauna Jairam
There are near around 50 small big devotional places and having more than 5 beautiful chhath ghat.
- Educational Institutions–
- Javahar Navoday Vidyalay
- B.C.B.D College
- Rajkiykrit shital High Scool
- Shubh Surbhi Kalyan Sansthan
- Middle School, Kharauna Tar
- Middle School, Kharauna Dih
- Primary School, Kharauna Jayram
- Satya Niketan
- Mushahar School, kharauna Dih
- Bal Vidya Niketan, kharauna
- Notable People of Kharauna –
- Late. Jagannath Chaudhary- Ex-Mukhiya and Social activist
- Brijnandan Chaudhary- Founder of B.C.B.D College
- Late Dr. Harinandan Chaudhary – Ex Professor
- Shri Baidnath Pathak – Educationist, Social Worker, Artist
- Shri Rajeshwar Chaudhary – Retired Army personnel
- Shri Binodanand Pathak – Spritual leader
- Satyanand Chaudhary- Retd. Principal of R.S.H.S school, Educational Activist
- Devnandan Chaudhary- Teacher and Social activist
- Sudisht Narayan Chaudhary, Lawyer
- Ram Binod Chaudhary- Political leader
- Shyam Bihari Chaudhary- Business man
- Shatrughan Chaudhary- Social Activist
- …..and many more…..
For More Pictures from Kharauna click here. Suggestion are always welcome and if you read us let us know by commenting here below.
Readers are requested to visit our website http://kharauna.com